Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Sally Hansen Salon Effects Product Review

*This product was provided to me from Influenster for review*

So I know we've all read product reviews on these and heard all the hype, but you haven't read mine.  My first attempt at any nail strips was with Sally Hansen (the ones with the skull and crossbones) and it was a disaster.  I figured it being my first time, I probably f'ed it up somehow because they we "chipped" and falling off within the hour.  This was not a good sign and I basically vowed to never buy them again.  Well, I still haven't, but I did get my Influenster Spring Beauty VoxBox (review/video coming soon) and low and behold, Sally Hansen Salon Effects were included.  So I guess I'll give them another go.

CLAIMS (from sallyhansen.com):
Nothing feels or wears like real nail polish. Now Sally makes it easy to get Salon Effects anytime, any place using real nail polish – with no dry time! Don’t settle for plastic imitations that peel off. We’re the real thing. Just peel, apply & file! Learn more at www.sallyhansen.com


  • No dry time
  • Lasts up to 10 days
  • Removes easily with nail polish remover
  • 40 must-have styles

Ok so 3 out of 4 ain't bad.  I agree that they have some amazing styles and yes they do remove easily.  However,  I have yet to see them last up to 1 day, let along 10 days.  I was lucky to get 5 days out of my Kiss Nail Strips and those I buy all the time.

APPLICATION:
I followed the instructions to the T and wiped my nails down with polish remover to get rid of the excess oils.  I applied them one by one to my nails, each one tearing so easily.  They tore so far back that I couldn't get them to cover the tips of my nails now.  STRIKE ONE!  I tried to pick the correct size for each of my nails, but that was a struggle in and of itself.  The smallest was too skinny for my pinky, the medium sized ones were too fat for my other fingers.  I did the best I could but that was definitely STRIKE TWO!  I then tried to use the file to remove the excess strip but again they kept tearing leaving small chips on my tips, and since they are glitter, they wouldn't file off evenly.  The tips of my nails look and feel rough and have chunks of glitter sticking out, and they are starting to peel up at the tips already.  STRIKE THREE!

I won't even show you all the photos because they are just terrible.  This is exactly why I vowed to never buy them again and I'm glad I did.  NEVER AGAIN!  I will stick with using my Kiss Nail Strips.  You can see my review on those HERE.  Have a great night everyone.
D

6 comments:

  1. Oh wow! I have been wanting to try these forever! I bought some for my friend a while back, but she never really told me how they were. I got the Spring VoxBox too, so I finally get to try them! We'll see how it goes. . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they may work for you. i think there is just something about my nails that doesn't want to keep them on. i mean they aren't that difficult to understand so it shouldn't be this hard. lol. try them and let me know what you think. oh and did you eat the soyjoy yet? so good!

      Delete
  2. I've used them a few times and they've always lasted up to 10 days..i usually get bored after a week and remove..but they are great! they last long and come off with polish remover easily..i so recommend them :) just wish they were cheaper in cost.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i was thinking maybe they just don't work with my body chem or something. they just don't seem to want to stay on. thanks for your mini review/comment. i want readers to know that they aren't bad for everyone. some people actually recommend them. (:

      Delete
  3. I personally have had success with them, but there is a slight learning curve. I use top coat to adhere any edges that seem to want to lift. After that dries I top off the whole mani with topcoat to make it last and shine. Don't plan to use water after first applying. I find that by the second day they have all cured and are very much stuck to my nails. I have not used the glitter ones though. I actually love the designs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah i never get them wet, but i don't use a top coat either. i've seen horror photos of them shriveling up with a tc. i know that will happen to me. thanks for the input though. (:

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...