Saturday, July 7, 2012

Summer Challenge Day 6 - The Big Blue

This is WAAAAYYY late.  I mean I know the challenge rules say 2 times a week, but I like to keep up with everyone else and do my challenge posts on Tuesday and Thursday.  Honestly, work kicked my ass this week and by Wednesday morning, I was already ready for the week to be over.  It wasn't a bad week, just a long one.  But enough of that.  I'm at least keeping to the twice a week rule so here we go.
Day 6 is The Big Blue.  Make some waves with ocean or water nail art.  While I'm sure most bloggers would draw inspiration from beaches they live near or have been to, I could not.  I live near Galveston so if that were my inspiration, this post would be renamed "The Big Nasty", and the mani would be shit brown...that's all.  Just brown.  I hope that was a nice anecdote for you all.
My inspiration was simply tropical waters. (Oh yes, and Sarah from Chalkboard Nails' ruffle mani. )  Ya know those photos you see of crystal clear water that looks like the color turquoise?  Those are the waters I thought of.  Once when I was 12, we took a family vacation to Pensacola, Florida, and it was the most beautiful water I've ever seen.  We waded out up to our necks and looked down, and we were still able to see our feet and the "ocean" floor.  Gorgeous!
That is basically what the bf said when I showed him my nails.  He said, "Oh yeah.  That looks like the bottom of the ocean.  Nice, babe!"  So there you have it.  If he gets it, that's a mission accomplished.

Have a wonderful night and rest of your weekend.  *singing* "Happy nails to you..."
D

10 comments:

  1. I really like that! If I was doing an accurate beach nail, I would have to draw TONS of seaweed. I love the colors you used, they look great together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah the problem with that is that i'm terrible at nail art. i can't draw for shit. lol i even had to add glitter to this to make it not look so bad. lol

      Delete
  2. Awesome. Great color choices.

    ReplyDelete
  3. these colours are stunning together!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you. blue and green is one of my fave color combos. my tattoos are blue and green, my lip ring is blue and green, and once upon a time, i had the most amazing pair of checkered vans that were...you guessed it. blue and green!

      Delete
  4. This is freakin cool as all get out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh thanks! i'm not crazy about it, but i'm glad you are. (:

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...