Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Summer Fun Challenge Day 7 - Summer Stylin'

OMG you guys!  I am super excited about this mani.  This is the one I was most looking forward to.  I even planned it out from the very first day.
Day 7 is Summer Stylin'.  Create a mani inspired by your favorite piece of summer fashion!  Well mine is definitely my swimsuit.  I bought it at Forever 21 3 years ago, and it was love at first site when I saw it.
I was only able to buy the top because they didn't have my size in the bottoms, but I had to have it.  Now what I do is buy separate swim pieces that all coordinate together, so when I go swimming I can randomly pull one top and one bottom, and I know they already match.  Make sense?
Anyway, I loved the print and colors so much that I knew I wanted to use it for this mani.  I tried my very best to make it almost exact...



...and I think I did a pretty FANTASTIC job!  Don't ya think?  Ahhhhh!  I have no fingernails!!  JK! I know you see them, but they blend pretty well.
WHAT I USED:
Sally Hansen White Tip - 2 coats for base color
LA Colors Art Deco striper - black
Zoya Zuza - turquoise splatter
Sinful Colors Luminary - coral splatter

I am extremely pleased with this mani, and I don't even want to take it off.  I'm not even sure I'll be able to do Day 8 of the challenge until this one is completely destroyed.  Unfortunately, that will probably happen at work first thing in the morning.  Enjoy staring at this lovely mani and have a good night.
D

18 comments:

  1. That's flipping' awesome Danielle!! Love the bikini top AND your nails!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks jen! i like the bikini top better cuz it'll last longer lol.

      Delete
  2. Cute! I never find anything cool like swimsuits at Forever 21 though! :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. really? they always have them in summer time, but they aren't always cute like this. that's why it's from 3 yrs ago...i can't find a better one from there. lol

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. yay! i love when you comment on my stuff. i think it's cuz you're a TX gal like me. (:

      Delete
  4. Awesome indeed!! Looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the bathing suit! The design looks great on your nails!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. thanks. i don't know if i like my suit or my nails better.

      Delete
  7. OMG!!! thats really awesome mani *.*

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...