Sunday, January 27, 2013

The New 31DC Day 27 - Inspired by Me

A mani inspired by me huh?  Well I'll tell you a little about me and then you can see my mani.  I'm 27.  I live in Houston and have for my whole life.  I live with my boyfriend of 6 years and we have a wonderful daughter named Monster.  She's a cat.  lol  I love to bake, hang out on the couch, and obviously paint my nails.
Since my birthday is in October I chose to do opal nails which is the true October birthstone.  That ugly pink stone is what you will usually find because opals are rare and so expensive.  The majority of them are produced in South Australia so that makes them even more expensive here in the US.
I wanted to go very simple for this mani.  That's not really me, but I loved this mani so much I didn't want to cover it up with any stamping or anything just yet.  Keyword: yet!
WHAT I USED:
OPI Sweet Memories - pink base
Sally Hansen White Tip - white accent
Nubar 2010 - flakie
I used the saran wrap method before I applied the flakie just to give it that marbled look just like a real opal.

10 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...