Saturday, March 24, 2012

Sinful Colors Sheer Shimmers Collection

Welcome!

I have an exciting post for you today.  Well I'm excited about it anyway.  It is the *NEW* Sinful Colors Sheer Shimmers Collection or the Girl's In Pearls Collection.  They display says both.  I went on a hunt for these after a fellow blogger said she wanted them in a swap.  Luckily I only had to stalk two Walgreen's to find it.  I walked in and BAM!  The full display ready for me to take home.  So of course I picked up one set for her and one for myself.  Now let's see what we have.

Let us begin!
Firefly is a creamy medium yellow with silver glass flecks.  I don't have any yellow that is this beautiful.  This is easily my favorite polish in the collection but the application was a nightmare with 3 coats and the formula was a little thick.  It was very uneven and refused to self level much like a few of the other polishes. I was thinking if I layer one coat of this over a similarly colored yellow polish, I could get away with it.  I will definitely try to make something work.
Next up is Luminary even though I think it should be called PYT.  I mean just look at it.  I for sure love this color and how much shimmer is jam packed inside this little bottle.  It reminds me a lot of Essence What Do U Think? but with way more sparkle so I have to say, I am retiring the Essence polish and replacing it with my new peach/coral love!  The color photographed a lot lighter but it is definitely more orange IRL. The application on this wasn't as bad as Firefly but still chose to fight me.  This is 3 coats.
Now we have Flutter, a dusty pink with the same silver glass flecks as every other in the collection.  This is another nightmare of an application because of the thick formula.  However, I was almost able to pull of 2 coats, but not quite.  I'm not in love with this one mainly because I'm not a pink lover.  I mean it's pretty, but that's about it.  I like a good "Wow Factor" when it comes to pink polish.  I just don't think this has it.  Simple as that.
Morning Star is a dusty periwinkle blue.  Unfortunately my camera did not pick it up correctly.  This is a really gorgeous color IRL and it's even better when you see the shimmer IRL as well.  The formula on this one was definitely better, but still required 3 coats to full opacity.
Lastly is Sweet Dreams, a beautiful saturated turquoise blue.  This one has a lot less shimmer than the other 4, but it is still very visible.  This was the only polish in the collection that covered in 2 coats.  If I were careful I could have gotten away with 1, but again, they don't like to self level.  My only complaint with Sweet Dreams is the amount of shimmer.  I feel like it's an outcast.  A wannabe if you will.

So what is my overall opinion of the Sinful Colors Sheer Shimmers Collection, you ask?  I LOVE IT.  I think my love for the shimmer and the gorgeous colors trumps the difficult applications and thick formulas.  I mean, they are "sheer shimmers" so if I can get a good even application in 1 coat, then I would wear it just so.  Also layering them over similar creme colors would help.

I really hope you guys enjoyed this post.  It took me forever because I am so not focused.  My mind is all over the place.  Now that I'm done, I feel like I've accomplished something so great.  LOL!  Just leave your comments and questions below and I'll be sure to answer them.  I can also pick these up for you guys if you have a swap in mind.

Have a great Saturday!
D

6 comments:

  1. Very nice swatches!! I love all of these bright springy colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful colors, I really like that periwinkle blue, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes! that one and the yellow (firefly) are so gorg!

      Delete
  3. I have Flutter, but that's the only one of those I've seen at our stores around here! Sweet Dreams is gorgeous - I want it! I've noticed that different stores have different colors of Sinful, and sometimes even the "same" colors are different (i.e. I have seen two different "Dream On"s! frustrating)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. there are two dream on polishes. you might want to get both if you have a chance because the old one is htf from what i hear. also everyone likes it better. (:

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...