Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Guest Post from My Nail Polish Obsession

I'm still so sad that I can't be the one to show you all Halloween inspired manis, but at least a lot of my guest bloggers can, like Jen from My Nail Polish Obsession.  Check it out!

--------------------------------------------------------------

Hello readers!  I am happy to be here today guest posting for my good friend Danielle!  I'm Jen from My Nail Polish Obsession.  I love all styles of polish and I'm a huge fan of all the Fall and Halloween collections that come out every year.  Maybe it's just the colors?  Maybe it's that everyone gets so creative?  Whatever the reason, this is my favorite nail season.  So I decided to do something bright, fun and Halloween inspired for Polish. Glitter. Rock & Roll today!  I'm really proud of how it turned out and I hope you like it too!  You can follow me on my blog, Facebook and Instagram (mynailpolishobsession) to see more pictures of my manis.  
And now on to the polish!  I started this mani with a gradient of 2 NOPI colors from the Tinkerbell collection.   Sweet on Pete is a not so pastel, but not so neon green-yellow creme.  It's really pretty and had a great creamy formula.  I also used Half-Charming Half-Alarming.  It's a bright red-orange crelly that really surprised me with how pretty it was.  I loved the formula as much as the color.  I put both of those colors on a makeup sponge and applied it to my nails.  I did this 3 to 4 times to get a good base.  I then covered the gradient nails with 3 layers of Lynnderella Early Halloween.  This is a fun glitter bomb full of purple, orange, green, blue, black and silver glitters in different shapes and sizes.  The mini stars get me every time, they are so cute.  On my accent nail I did stripes with plain old scotch tape.  I did 2 layers of Sweet on Pete, tape, then covered my whole nails with HCHA.  I pulled the tape off when the polish was still wet so there was no pulling.  I picked a cool skull decal for the accent nail to keep with my Halloween theme.  It was super easy to apply.  I peeled it off the sheet and stuck it on my nail.  1 layer of topcoat and I was good to go!  

Thanks for reading! 
*shade
*shade
Pin It

Instagram
-------------------------------------------------------------

This is such a great mani and totally my style.  And OMG that glitter is awesome.  Jen, thanks again for guest posting for me.  I really loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...