Monday, July 15, 2013

Claire's Electric Avenue

Alright Ladies!  I was a Claire's yesterday and I happened to see a lot of new nail polishes and nail art accessories.  Of course all of the cosmetics are always BOGO 50% off so I bought 4 new polishes...well 3.  One was a matte top coat.  Anyway, I tried to Google swatches of the new ones, but I couldn't find them anywhere.  Nothing and I mean nothing came up.  So I'm not gonna say that I'm the first to post this, but I think I'm the first to post this.  lol Please correct me if I'm wrong.
This is called Electric Avenue.  It is a beautiful teal jelly packed full of black and white glitters in all different sizes.  I had to use 3 coats for (almost) full opacity.  The formula was a bit on the thick side but not unmanageable.  I had to place a few of the larger glitters so they wouldn't slide off but the smaller and bar glitters stuck perfectly.  And speaking of bar glitters, some of them are starting to curve.  I'm sure that's not supposed to happen, but it didn't create any problems and to me it doesn't look bad so I left it alone.
Here is a close up bottle shot for your viewing pleasure.  At first glace I really thought I could just create this polish look with Zoya Frida and any black and white glitter using the glitter sandwich technique, but how much easier is it just to put on a couple of coats and go?  Besides, I'd rather use Frida and my black and white glitters for more fun manis.

I have two more colors to show you soon so please check back.  Don't forget to check out your local Claire's or Icing stores to see the rollout of new goodies.  Oh and if you purchase $20+ between today and August 24, you will get $10 off your next $20+ starting on August 25.  I'm keeping mine in a safe place until I can redeem it for all the other polishes and accessories I saw.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...