Saturday, July 20, 2013

Tribal Stamped Mani

Happy Saturday Everyone!  Today I have a pretty fun mani for you all.  It's a little different from my usual mani.  Jacki from Adventures in Acetone mentioned in a conversation that she wanted to use some of Target's swimwear as inspiration.  With that being said, I had to try it myself.  This is the one I found and HERE is the link.

*7.21 UPDATE: THIS is the link to Jacki's Target swimsuit post.  I got to see it before she posted to her blog today.  Enjoy!*
Not only do I love this as a mani, but I want to own this swimsuit as well.  I love the design and the simple color choice.  Yeah.  I need it.
So there you have it.  I know on the swimsuit the tribal goes across and not the green but I stamped this so I couldn't figure out how to make that happen.  lol Even still I loved this mani so much I wore it for a good 3 days or so.  I started with the white base coat and then I did the stamping first using a sparkly black polish.  The stamp is curved on my middle and ring fingers because it's a design that is meant for a "funky french" mani.  For the other two, I just taped off my nail in a diagonal and used the same design.  Then I applied my neon green over the remaining white and done.
It was a lot simpler than I thought it would be.  Of course if I had freehanded the tribal design, it would have been more difficult and it also would have turned out sloppy.  I know that from past designs I've attempted.  lol

WHAT I USED:
Sally Hansen White Tip - white base
BBCouture Dark Knight - black
China Glaze I'm With the Lifeguard - green
Bundle Monster plate bm-219

4 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...