Thursday, September 19, 2013

31DC2013 - Galaxy

This was a mani that I knew I could really rock out and redeem myself for showing you all crap manis for the past few days.  lol  I didn't want it to be the traditional black galaxy or recently popular white, pastel galaxy mani so when Darling Diva Erotic City waltzed into my mailbox, I knew it would be the base.
Erotic City is a purple jelly polish filled with these amazing iridescent deep blue glitters and scattered holo.  I will definitely be swatching it for you all when this challenge is over.  The polishes I used to sponge on my "nebula" were a white creme, Zoya Song for blue, Zoya Malia to add a little brightness, and then popBeauty Aquatic Glitz for a starry look.
Over some of the sponging I dabbed on more of the purple jelly.  I think that little extra layering gave this mani some great depth and interest.  I'm in love with it.  I tried to mattify it and it looked terrible so I put on a glossy top coat and it was done.
So tell me what you think?  Is that a mani you would be recreating?  Have you ever tried a galaxy mani before?  let me know in the comments below.  (:

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...